• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Parts Wanted Information request about Barnstormers / seller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom DM

Supporting Member
EBGB Grimbergen airfield (N of Brussels, Belgium)
Hello all,

Greetings from Brussels, Belgium.

Needing a midtime O-200a or C90-12F for my French experimental. A suitable engine was found on Barnstormers, information (logs and a video of a engine start) were received along with the data of the seller.

Yet now what?

Is there a procedure to verify the seller actually has the engine? And that it is in the stated condition? Is there a possibility that an inspection is carried out on that engine?
Barnstormers replied quicky to my request for information stating that the seller is a new advertiser on Barnstormers since 2022-03-08 and that they do not have any information about him yet.

Finally: the engine was retrieved from a damaged C150 of which I indeed found an accident report: the aircraft C150 landed apparently in a cornfield in 2019 while practicing landings. A bit strange is that the aircraft flew less that 10 hours from 2009-2019.

I am sorry if the above is not in the right section. If not I kindly ask the moderator to move it to the right place. I also do not know I am allowed to disclose here the data of the add / seller etc.

The engine is needed and normally I would collect it in person. There is however the question of that pond between Europe and the US... called the Atlantic Ocean.

Blue skies

Back