• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Information on Herb Gayheart or Danny Day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crkckr

Does anyone happen to know of/about one Herb Gayheart or a Rotax rebuilder named Danny Day? Especially any contact info for either of them.

I believe Herb is the builder of my Firefly (but I'm not at all certain, the seller didn't have any contact info or even a name!). This is just judging from a post he made May 3, 2016m regarding the airplane on the Matronics Kolb list. I tried sending him a PM but have not gotten a reply. He may not have checked his PM's or perhaps is no longer active on the list.

Regarding Danny Day, he is the one that is supposed to have rebuilt my Rotax 447, at least it's got his name and a serial number epoxied to the spot where the Rotax SN usually is. I'd like to find out when the engine was overhauled, if nothing else. I

've been unable to find any contact info for either of them and any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

Back