• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Info on wing load testing or only Spar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opcod

Hi

I try to find out more and read many post, but it's not really clear about one item, in regards of the testing.

If i build a composite spar using carbon rod and web flange with carbon fiber too :

- for a static testing with sandbag, what will be the difference if testing the spar only VS testing the spar embedded into the wing with skin on. (I mean, just like a composite sailplane wing)

If I test the spar up to 8g, (according to the V-N graph, gust load of the airplane) it might be little higher load with the skin on and little less deflection might be expected. But at the end, it might gonna be the same as the spar still carry the most of the load.

But, I know the control rod cannot be tested to see if any friction or if the right deflection happen... but again..?

thanks again

Back