• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

inflatable canopy seals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gschuld

I'm looking for information on inflatable canopy seals. Specifically for one piece canopies with continuous gentle curves mating to the fuselage, such as a glider. I am also interested in other methods of sealing a one piece canopy to fuselage. I want to have an airtight and watertight seal and I am perfectly willing to create a full mold for a one piece composite(vacuum bagged) upper fuselage/canopy opening complete with a recessed channel(with provisions for a water drain) around the canopy opening. The canopy will be custom built to suit as well. Clean sheet of paper type of stuff.

I'd rather try to really do it right the first time than spend lots of time afterward chasing air and water leaks.

All thoughts are welcome...

George

Back