• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Inexpensive Homebuilts... Why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is the closest reason to why you're interested in "inexpensive" homebuilts?

• Have some discipline, save, and get something really nice later.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • I don't make much money. I can barely afford a used ultralight.

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • I have a pilot license, but everyday expenses mean I can't afford what's out there.

Votes: 17 22.7%
  • I need to get my license, and can afford that or an airplane, not both.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I'm just a cheap bastard. Aviation costs too much. It should be less.

Votes: 31 41.3%
  • I CAN afford many offerings, but can't get the (performance, looks, etc.) in my price range.

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Have some discipline, save, and get something really nice later.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • I don't make much money. I can barely afford a used ultralight.

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • I have a pilot license, but everyday expenses mean I can't afford what's out there.

Votes: 17 22.7%
  • I need to get my license, and can afford that or an airplane, not both.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I'm just a cheap bastard. Aviation costs too much. It should be less.

Votes: 31 41.3%
  • I CAN afford many offerings, but can't get the (performance, looks, etc.) in my price range.

Votes: 9 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Back