• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Increasing radius wing root fairings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Jensen

Hey All,

I've been a long time lurker. I've finally joined as I need a bit of help from the knowledgeable folks here. I've really enjoyed many hours of great reading so far, so thank you for that.

What I'm after is a formula more than basic rules of thumb for designing wing root fillets. I understand the concept, but I'm hopeful for some math to back it up. Does such a thing exist? I've searched and seen some great diagrams and general explanations etc., but maybe I've missed it.

FWIW......low wing molded composite airplane 275mph-ish

Thanks in advance!

Red

Back