Increased Max Gross?

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

TJTX

Charlie that's absolutely something I am working on. I was the eat anything I want guy and never had an issue until we had our daughter. The lack of sleep, poor diet, and stress of work, baby, global pandemic, etc added a bit more fluff than I wanted. The wife and I are back to focusing on our health now that our daughter is nearing 1. Exercising and eating better will go a long way towards "increased payload".

Lendo

Wings and HT can be tested for LOAD (strength), known Chrome Moly frames area well known factor for strength, Designers and Manufacturers have that covered to a min of 1.5 SF. It would be well worth knowing from them and what an extra150 lbs. represents to them, in that case. Personally I wouldn't totally trust Insurance Companies Cover unless you had all the supporting and reliable Engineering data to support the safety of the weight increase. I remember seeing an Ultralight flying (straight and level) and suddenly the Tubular Tail boom broke completely in two, insufficient strength, damage, poor design, poor workmanship, who knows.
George