In an emergency...

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
So when flying over Chesapeake Bay in Virginia and looking at an aircraft carrier in the mothball fleet with a strong desire to land on the deck and noticed a small crane boom laying across the middle of the deck, but enough room on the left side to go between the boom and edge of the deck. Is there a chance I would be in trouble with someone ? Maybe just a touch and go ?

Kyle Boatright

So when flying over Chesapeake Bay in Virginia and looking at an aircraft carrier in the mothball fleet with a strong desire to land on the deck and noticed a small crane boom laying across the middle of the deck, but enough room on the left side to go between the boom and edge of the deck. Is there a chance I would be in trouble with someone ? Maybe just a touch and go ?
There was a story in Plane and Pilot or Flying many years ago about an ex-navy type using his Cherokee for the last touch and go on an old carrier being towed to the scrapper. I never could figure out if it was a true story or a fig newton of his imagination.