• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Impulse IF-1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Jensen

Hey all,

Long time lurker. I don't post much but I love this place! I thought I would introduce you to my project. It is my dream to race F-1, this is my effort. I've been at it for a few years, but just now to the point of sharing. I'm currently building tooling, I hope to be building real parts in the coming months.

It will be all hollow molded. Weight, strength and OML fidelity are on the top of my requirements list. I'm familiar with this type of construction from years in the high performance R/C hobby and UAS industry, so this is a comfortable method for me. The fuselage male plug was CNC cut from tooling foam, and joined on a center tube. The tails are hot wire cut 2lb insulation foam, sheeted with balsa and glassed. The whole assembly was body worked and polished, I'm pulling molds from that. The wing and landing gear are being machined direct to mold.

I have a website www.ImpulseIF1.com, if you are interested in following the build, you can search facebook for the Impulse group.

Thanks for indulging me, lots of fantastic information here. If you have any questions, I'm happy to answer.

Cheers
Red Jensen

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 52