Impulse IF-1

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

FoamyDM

Awesome Video Red. Where is the Website Link showing the progress? up... I see it in post 1, Pardon me. My speed reading needs work

Last edited:

FoamyDM

Any examples of the all cable mixers? I don't think I've ever seen one.

Red
This post as a Mixer that looks lightweight but effective enough. it is for a Dyke's Delta.

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
Judy at Aircraft Windshield does a great job, she absolutely knows her stuff, and has a tremendous history of making canopies for aircraft. She's the top dog in the custom canopy world, with all possible respects to the handful of other people in that industry.

Red Jensen

I'm nearly finished fitting the splitter plates to the fuselage so I can make the left and right mold halves. I took a bit of a break but I'm back at it now. This will be last of the molds I have to make. Wing and landing gear are machined molds. I'm looking forward to making real parts.

Red

Attachments

• Bottom Splitter.jpg
    Bottom Splitter.jpg
    420.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Top Splitter.jpg
    Top Splitter.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 2

pylon500

Supporting Member
Cable mixer.
This is probably an answer to a problem, but I see assorted compromises within, what with floating pulleys, possible harmonics in the cables and overall flex.
The solid pushrod mixer here is probably a better bet.
That said (and I'll point out I'm not a huge fan of V tails), if you could hinge a large enough rudder on your underfin to hold against torque on take-off, then just have elevators, knowing you will never have to worry about the tail being caught up in the wake from the wing at any time.
Maybe a lot of differential in the ailerons to negate much need for rudder.

Red Jensen

This is probably an answer to a problem, but I see assorted compromises within, what with floating pulleys, possible harmonics in the cables and overall flex.
The solid pushrod mixer here is probably a better bet.
That said (and I'll point out I'm not a huge fan of V tails), if you could hinge a large enough rudder on your underfin to hold against torque on take-off, then just have elevators, knowing you will never have to worry about the tail being caught up in the wake from the wing at any time.
Maybe a lot of differential in the ailerons to negate much need for rudder.
A pushrod mixer is the plan and what I have designed. I'll stick with normal V tail function, I don't think there will be any need for an independent sub rudder.

Red