Imaginary/fantasy flying machines - Post your pics here!

• Thread starter Gary in Pennsylvania
  • Start date
HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

G

Gary in Pennsylvania

Even if it'd be IMPOSSIBLE to fly......but just looks darned cool - POST IT!

There are a TON of neat looking flying machines flying deep withing our interwebz! Pull 'em in a pattern and land 'em here!

FlyingMotorcycle.jpg

FlyingMotorcycle_1.jpg

FlyingMotorcycle_3.jpg

FlyingMotorcycle_2.jpg

FlyingMotorcycle_4.jpg

oriol

I can´t tell for sure if this airplane designed by Colani has ever flown (C 309 air racer). I believe the aircraft on the black and white picture in flight was a scaled RC airplane.

The aircraft was intended to be some kind of record speed breaker, The configuration was striking but not very practical: the pilot has almost zero forward visibility, the anhedral configuration (required to use the wing tips to suport the landing gear wheels) doesn´t look very stable in the air...

Anyway, if something like this ever happens to land in an airport there won´t be a single person that would not stare at it.

Oriol

colani c 309 racer.jpegColani_Air_Racer_by_shelbs2.jpgcolani-ishiduka-3.jpgcolani-ishiduka-4.jpgimages2.jpeg2155377042_8c47ee2826.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
G

Gary in Pennsylvania

Don't get me started! I love that first one, and am glad you posted as I haven't been able to find it again.

Here's a couple I have:

View attachment 27308View attachment 27309View attachment 27314View attachment 27310
I'm diggin' the Beemer powered examples!
Like that Horten-esque pusher wing!
And that exact "Motorcycles of the Air" picture rotates thru my iPod wallpaper! Reminiscent of a photoshopped version of my beloved Depischoff Biplane! (lower wing cropped out)

depischoff192-MONO_zps4adb00ec.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gary in Pennsylvania

And look......Though much of his stuff was real, albeit one-offs........I dig ANYTHING that came from the mind of Horten! He was a 'Fantasy' thinker WELL ahead of his time!

NewHO229_thumb.jpg
A full scale replica of the Ho 229 bomber made with materials available in the 1940s

From article: Sleek, swift and deadly... Hitler's stealth bomber 'could have turned tide against Britain' | Mail Online

FYI - Juss so ya know.....I'm no Neo-Nazi supporter or anything......Just acknowledging that this Horten dude had a mind for flying machines!

Jon Ferguson

And look......Though much of his stuff was real, albeit one-offs........I dig ANYTHING that came from the mind of Horten! He was a 'Fantasy' thinker WELL ahead of his time!

View attachment 27365
A full scale replica of the Ho 229 bomber made with materials available in the 1940s

From article: Sleek, swift and deadly... Hitler's stealth bomber 'could have turned tide against Britain' | Mail Online

FYI - Juss so ya know.....I'm no Neo-Nazi supporter or anything......Just acknowledging that this Horten dude had a mind for flying machines!
Nazi Germany produced some of the greatest technological advances the world has ever seen. I don't think anybody will think you favor their ideology if you admire their technology. Plenty of Warbirds and replicas out there with the Iron cross on them and I don't see any protestors.

Last edited: