I'm one step closer!

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Nickathome

Did the prebuy for the cessna 150 this past friday. Aside from a few minor findings, one of the cylinders is slightly low on compression but the mechanic said its not significantly low to be a problem yet(I used that to get the selling price $500 lower), an expired ELT battery(owner's dime to replace), one fuel gauge reading slightly high(owner's dime again he's fixing), and a compass that needed some fluid, that was it. So at this point its a go. I'm meeting the owner this weekend to do the paperwork and hand him the check. I'm excited but nervous at the same time, as this will be my first owned aircraft.

teknosmurf

Way to go! Welcome to the land of the poor!

I have to laugh that you actually got the previous owner to pay for a fuel gauge that was reading slightly high...he must have really wanted to sell! I almost want to hire you as part of my sales team!

Congrats!

Nickathome

Way to go! Welcome to the land of the poor!

I have to laugh that you actually got the previous owner to pay for a fuel gauge that was reading slightly high...he must have really wanted to sell! I almost want to hire you as part of my sales team!

Congrats!
More like land of the poorER!

The owner offered to fix all that stuff on his own, I didn't negotiate any of that. I just said hey thanks! My big issue is with the cylinder. Its probably not going to need attention next week or even next month, but it will at some point, so I figured I could use that as leverage to get the price down some, and it worked. The guy has been very nice and upfront with me, and I didn't get any bad vibes, but I do think he was very anxious to sell. He just bought a 172 and I guess can't afford to feed both. He even took me up in the plane to get a feel for it. Its not the prettiest plane out there, but it was in my back yard almost literally, and the gentleman works where I work so its been convenient.

teknosmurf

Yea, it makes a HUGE difference when you are dealing with a genuinly nice guy and you both have common goals, situations, locations.

I just laugh because the fuel indicator is not required to be accurate...so he had no real basis for compensating for it. You just don't find to many people that voluntarily throw money at a plane.

I am glad it went smoothly and fairly for you! Now go fly the snot out of it!

Nickathome

Thanks fellas. I'm going over today to get the cashier's check and hopefully by the end of this weekend the plane will be mine........I still need to decide on which insurance company to go with so that will be the only thing keeping me on the ground for the time being. So far insurance shopping has been my biggest headache.

Group Builder