• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

I'm in deep deep deep ****!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chlomo

Good day dear homebuilders!
It's always a great pleasure for me to imagine you all happily building away your dream airplanes(staring into space and making weird motion with your hands)!:)

I'll stop beating around george bush and explain my impossibility of affordable homebuilding(wipes away tears).
These few weeks I've been trying to find a domestic source for 2024-t3 alclad sheets that suit my design criteria.

THERE ISN'T A SINGLE SUPPLIER IN ENTIRE SOUTH KOREA THAT SUPPLIES AL2024 T3 ALCLAD SHEETS UNDER 1.76MM(0.07 in)!!!
Representatives outrightly denied any stock or production of thin 2024 sheets. I doubt if they ever heard of 'ALCLAD'.
And even those heavy heavy 1.76mm sheets may be of dubious quality since they weren't manufactured with aerospace application in mind. I was shocked to learn even KAI(manufacturer of T-50 Eagle trainer jet) imports aluminum sheets from abroad.

Now where do I turn to?
Aircraft Spruce? some 5000 miles far away? Shipping cost and import charges are prohibitive! You guys in north america don't know just how blessed you are!

:depressed

Government officials say they 'recognize the importance of prosperity of general aviation and the growing need to establish indegenous light aircraft production' yet somebody should tell them sheet aluminum might be a good place to start!

Last edited:
Back