I'm an Addict

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Rhino

Was lounging in the pool with the wife a few days ago when she turned to me and said, "You're addicted."

I responded, "What?"

She said, "We've been in the pool for half an hour and you've stopped and looked up five times to watch airplanes. You're addicted."

I took it as a compliment.

Dieselfume

My buddy Moose usually gives me hell when I look up..

Tom hears airplane, looks up...
Moose: "Boy that's a Cessna PBY B-52 if I ever saw one!"

:rolleyes:

Quite the addiction...

Aviatrix

Rhino,

You've got a nice support group to help you with your addiction here. :) LOL!

(My wife does the same thing when I look up at the stars at night, so I have no room to make fun of you for looking into the sky when you hear a plane.)

pylon500

I guess I'm lucky, I've always worked at airports and somehow managed to end up living under a downwind leg of said airport!
I just can't help sticking my head out of the shed door each time something goes overhead, it really cracks up the Missus! :gig:
I do have a funny anecdote from my early RAAF days.
When based at Wagga, I was known to have the ability to name almost any type of aircraft that flew past the hanger, there wasn't a great deal variety at the time!
On one particular day a visiting DHC-4 Caribou took off and someone called out "Hey Artie, what type is that?" to which I groaned.."it's a Caribou"
His comeback was to ask, "What colour is it?" :gig:
Hey, it was a RAAF Caribou, it was green, they were ALL green, so I said..
"It's GREEN wise-ass!" :mad:
To which half the hangar erupted into laughter.
Unfortunatley I then discovered they were laughing at me not with me...
It was one of our UN relief Caribous, they were painted WHITE! :wail:
Arthur.

Rhino

After 24 years, she isn't really worried about other ladies. She was just kidding around anyway. She's already given her blessing to my build project. The in-laws were here not too long ago and her sister asked her if she was really going to let me build an airplane, like it was some really crazy idea. My wife responded, "Why not? He works and brings home a paycheck." God, I love her!

Rhino

Well, it may be withdrawal symptoms for me soon. If any user fees pass Congress, my dream of flying will always be just a dream. Sigh!

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually it's a lot like drugs:
You get high.
You come down.
You're out a pile of money.
You have nothing to show for it.
And you can't wait to do it again!

-Dana

QX AMT

I used to work construction:ermm: and was always looking up:ponder: . One day I stepped off a roof:devious: (1 story) and I decided to change occupations:tired: . I am now an airline mechanic:D . I go to work to play,:gig: and I still look up. On a completely different day I was happy to see my kid looking up too:ban: . I know I am addicted, and now my own boy is following in my footsteps. (What a proud Dad I am):ban: :ban: :ban: :) :D :D