• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Identifying this aircraft .....?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarpedWing

For several years on my travels back and forth between Fl & Md, I have passed this little jewel. It is located along route 301 in Port Royal Va. siting in front of an antiques store. The wife and I stopped on a day trip back through VA and I had a chance to inspect this "display" At one time, it was a flyable aircraft and is/was registered. However, upon inspection, I discovered that it was damaged in a landing accident. The right main gear was broken (by what seemed to be a bungee failure) and the left bottom firewall area was damaged. The owner of the shop had the plane donated by a friend that owned it after the accident. Hence, the beauty is now sitting on a pedestal to attract patrons to the antique store.

I have no idea what this thing is. The data plate is not visible through the side window. I can see engraving but it is illegible. I tried my best, but I can not make out what this thing is. I scoured the internet and could not find anything to match it. The closest I found was the Carlson Sparrow. However, the tail feathers do not match. It has a single flap running along the back of the wing which run from the ailerons across the fuselage.

I would love to identify this aircraft and find plans if available. I like low and slow! If anyone can identify this little bird It would be much appreciated.

1623160674515.jpeg

Back