ID this aircraft

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Hephaestus

Well how did my searches not find that?

I love it when I find out orion was working on something similar to what's in my sketch book :)

Topaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
+1. Delta has it. This was a design that Orion was working on as a "spare time" project beyond his regular "day job" contract aircraft design work. He had the conceptual phase of the design process well along with this aircraft, and was refining it to the point where he was about to hire a professional CFD run to check certain specific points in the flight envelope. Unfortunately, that's as far as it got, as Orion lost a fight with cancer in late 2012. All that remains are the posts here and whatever notes his family and business partners may have kept.

The airplane would have had two seats and, if memory serves, was going to run an 0-360 variant.

The genesis of the design can be found here: Jerry Blumenthal's Raspberry

Last edited:

kenfalzon

Ah yes Jerry Blumenthal had a design called Raspberry, and layout is similar except that Blumenthal's had a straight wing and slightly different canopy.
Thanks my friends for welcoming me to the forum and for sharing the information. I have been searching the web for a long time without success.