• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Ibis Canard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhawk

There is only a couple threads about this aircraft here from 2006-7 but nothing to answer my question.

The Ibis RJ-08 doesn't have rudders in the conventional operation and there is very little information about them on the internet.

Each rudder operates independently and deflects the air stream to yaw left or right.

I was wondering how effecient this rudder type is for a canard and how good would they be in a crosswing landing.

I've never come across this before in aircraft but have seen a similar operation on large commercial catamarans where the rudder is set at an angle and drops down into the water to steer the vessel.

I'd like to find out any information for their use in the Ibis canard

rj03-a.jpg

94y3.jpg This is the only photo I can find of the winglet under construction with the rudder not fitted

rj03-a1.jpg

Last edited:
Back