• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

I suppose I should introduce myself.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bifft

Been lurking for a few months, suppose I should introduce myself. about 200 hr private pilot, currently flying a Starduster Too. Building a RV-8A (just hung the engine). Thinking that after I finish the RV, I want to design my next plane myself. Wandering around the web, this seems the best place for that kind of discussion.

The two designs I have gotten so far as to start doing actual math on are:

An ultralight glider similar to the GOAT, but designed for a bigger pilot. Less complex to assemble/disassemble being trailerable instead of car topable. Not a go places machine, just trailer out to point of the mountain and fool around for a while for very low cost. Either wood or aluminum construction.

A LSA legal aerobatic plane, designed to look like a Ki-84. Not quite a "replica" or "scaled", more of an "inspired by" or "tribute to". Have the same planiform but scaled down 70%, using a rotec engine. Single seat. Primary mission is to look cool, secondary is for aerobatic capability. All aluminum construction.

Looking forward to hanging around here more.

Back