I suppose I should introduce myself.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bifft, Aug 27, 2011.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Aug 27, 2011 #1

bifft

bifft

bifft

Been lurking for a few months, suppose I should introduce myself. about 200 hr private pilot, currently flying a Starduster Too. Building a RV-8A (just hung the engine). Thinking that after I finish the RV, I want to design my next plane myself. Wandering around the web, this seems the best place for that kind of discussion.

The two designs I have gotten so far as to start doing actual math on are:

An ultralight glider similar to the GOAT, but designed for a bigger pilot. Less complex to assemble/disassemble being trailerable instead of car topable. Not a go places machine, just trailer out to point of the mountain and fool around for a while for very low cost. Either wood or aluminum construction.

A LSA legal aerobatic plane, designed to look like a Ki-84. Not quite a "replica" or "scaled", more of an "inspired by" or "tribute to". Have the same planiform but scaled down 70%, using a rotec engine. Single seat. Primary mission is to look cool, secondary is for aerobatic capability. All aluminum construction.

Looking forward to hanging around here more.

2. Aug 28, 2011 #2

delta

delta

delta

Sounds like you're a busy guy...Good luck with all your projects and be sure to look me up if you make it to the St George area...

Rick