I introduce myself and my old flight experiment

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

vanselm66

Hello everyone
I'm not new here but this is my first post.
I'd like to share this curious experience I made several years ago, when I was very interested in the history of the aeronautical pioneers.
Quite an innocent experiment, I have to admit and that now has a value more than anything as a vital experience.
Hope you enjoy it!

Daleandee

As a young teenager myself and some homies tried building a hang glider with bamboo poles and Visqueen. I was the test pilot but couldn't get enough speed to make it lift. Later in the week my future brother-in-law decided to come running off of the roof of the house with it. From eye witness reports the W&B was incorrect and he broke a leg in the crash landing. Good times! 😁

vanselm66

Nice experiences Daleandee, when you're young, the sky is the limit but usually your dreams finish a few meters ahead from the launching point 🙂.

TFF

Looks like it was crafted well. I think if it had the airfoil covered on the bottom and a small tail, you probably would have gotten some air. Building the whole thing at the field was impressive but it sure would have been nice to have the wing panels done before getting there. Took some thinking to pull that part off.