I have sent two requests to The FAA for STC the Starrtit kits but no answers yet.guess they are bussy with the 737 max thing.

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

rv7charlie

I hate to say it, but maybe they thought you were looking for an agency a little closer to, maybe... Vegas?

TFF

It’s definitely a persistence fight if you want to obtain a new STC. Starting point is the ACO branch closest to you.
Along with the normal drag it takes in the system, which is considerable, the present situation has most agents working from home. Having a DER is almost necessary.

starrtit

HBA Supporter
Hi Victor Bravo;
Yes I definately need guidanse with this thing and any help is appreciated.

albert

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
Starrtit I am not concerned with a website, I was referring to the "private message" feature on this forum, not regular e-mail. But if the HBA forum moderators and participants are OK with it, I'm also happy to correspond with you on this thread "publicly".

First, tell me what you have invented, and what it does, and what you are trying to do with it. I understand it's an electric starter for the A-65, but how is it different from the thing that uses a Makita drill and a long shaft?

Have you gotten a "one-time STC" or "337 field approval" for the first one?

How much modification and what type of modification is required on the engine?

Is this intended to be an STC on the A-65 ENGINE type certificate, or is it an STC to go on the type certificate for certain AIRPLANES?

Do you need to do this the fast way, the cheap way? Pick one.

What have you already submitted to the FAA?

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
Thanks Ron, Albert's system looks pretty legit to me. The one modification that he might look into is shear bracing (a gusset welded to the case mounting straps) against the forward pinion gear housing being moved left and right due to reacting the engine compression.