• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

I have been biten again by the tsetse fly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berridos

After putting on hold the construction of my conventional design (its hanging from the roof in my workshop) i feel again called by the project i should have chosen from the beginning. I am talking about the Verhees Delta. I think i will buy myself the plans for christmas and redesign it in cad.
The beauty lies in the simplicity of construction in case composites are used and its cleaness.
Whats your opinion on the new 2 seater version? Dont you think it has lost the sexappeal? Aerodynamically it has lost his effciency with such a wide cabin upper body.

Regarding the one seater, it used significant reflex of ailerons. Would anybody suggest alternatives to reflex that acchieve the same effect? Would wing twist be equivalent?
Anybody could comment the aerodynamic side effect of the cabin transitioning into the fin starting at the thickest section of the wing profile. Any suggestion to improve the bird aerodynamically?
Could you think of some device to reduce landing speed (leading edge flaps?) effective on deltas2 seater.jpg Delta-1-fotoshoot.jpg ?
I will redesign it adapted to composites.

Back