• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

I Have A Dream - Tandem seat, Low Wing, Single Engine, All Aluminum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gregaitis

I work in a metal fabrication shop. I have nearly unlimited access to square tube and sheet aluminum. My dream is to build a Single engine, Tandem Seat, Low Wing airplane of welded aluminum tubing and riveted sheet aluminum. The fusalage would be fairly square with two open cockpits like a bi-plane, only with just one lower wing. I was thinking Corvair engine, but why not a GM V-6? I would hate to try to design it myself. For one thing I just dont have the expertise. There must be plans available for just such a project but in weeks of searching the internet I have yet to find what I am looking for. I can't be the first to want to build something like this. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Back