• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

I bought plans to a ULF-1 and want to build it. Yeah, I said it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clonesix

Hello all,
I am new to this forum, and wanted to make an introduction for me and my proposed project. I have built many balsa flying models over the years, and wanted to take on a nice project in retirement. I was able to find a set of plans to an ultralight sailplane, ULF-1. When I look at the plans, and read the instructions, I realize that there are many terms that I need explained to me, or the drawings don't make the sense that I would like, and I will need some explanations. I will ask later.

I am a complete newb, and will have to set up the garage for this and build several jigs and such. I haven't even begun, but I thought I would post it here as my introduction. As I get more progress, I will likely ask several building questions here.

Funny thing is, I am not even a pilot yet. I had plans to start pilot training in 2021, but this COVID thing has kept me at home for the time being.

Back