• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hunks of metal in your Pou..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thunderchook

So, on Jolly Roger, in 2003 at one of the Flea Fly-Ins, there was an unfinished (what looked like) HM293 built with welded metal structure.
It looks more like metal that aluminium (but I'm no expert so I could be wrong.)

Here is the link:
http://jolly.roger.2.free.fr/and020.htm

Does anyone know if this was ever completed?
Apart from the weight differences between wood and metal (I assume covered with fabric) is there likely to be any major differences?
Can anyone give me a mud-map guesstimate on how much heavier and the implications of such a fundamental change in construction method?

Thanks.

Back