• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hummingbird Ultralight 103 legal $1500

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdooley79

I have a vintage ultralight, a Hummingbird. It's a V tail single seat open aircraft. This is the ultimate ultralight BUT it can be set up as a TWIN! Yes, Originally it had a pair of 8hp engines on each wing. A previous owner retrofitted a Rotax 277 for additional power and simplicity as well as maintainability because parts are available for the 277 and not the original engines. The sails are in good enough shape for patterns to make a new set of sails. The airplane also comes with a spare 277 for parts as well. The main problem is the front wheel. It was showing fatigue cracks from over time so I fabricated a new front fork and got new azusa wheels and Carlisle tundra tires to give it some more flex in the landing gear. The front fork's and all are still apart and I'm not interested in getting this airplane flying. It would be easily worth twice if not more in flying shape. I'd like to get the value of the engines out of the whole thing and see it go to someone who can work on it and get it flying.

This is a link to a site about hummingbirds, Cool planes and with twin 277's would be an amazing performer!
Hummingbird 103 Ultralight - YouTube
Gemini Hummingbird - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ultralight Hummingbird Re-creates 1983 Flight

Attached are some pictures as well for you to see. PM me for any more info.

engine-1.jpgWing-5.jpgWing-4.jpgWing-3.jpgWing-2.jpgWing-1.jpgTail-1.jpgChariot.jpgbattons.jpgWing-6.jpg

Back