• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hummel Ultra Cruiser 2cyl volks 4 stroke ready to fly with some love!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannyrevs

Hello.

$5,000 OBO, Please do not be shy shoot me a offer! WILL TRADE ONLY FOR: Kawasaki KLR 650, Year is not as important as Mileage and condition, let's see what ya got!

This was my late fathers airplane.

He was not the original builder, he bought it from the man who built it. It has been hangared its whole time my dad owned it.

It is now in storage in my pole barn. I would keep it but at 6"3 300lbs I cannot even fit in it let alone probably get it off the ground. A long time aviation friend of my dads advised me to sell it as so it does not go to crap sitting in my barn. So here I am.

I am no expert but from what I have seen it needs new brakes or the brakes adjusted it has little drum brakes on it. It has one tire that goes flat, and I know it leaks oil out of the rocker box gasket, prop looks like it could stand replacing as well. Other than that it is just dirty and needs a really good bath. My dad never washed it and just let the oil blow all over it from the rocker box hillbilly rust proofing is what he called it.

It has full instrumentation ALT, airspeed and a compass. RPM. It is constructed entirely of 6061 Aircraft aluminum and has the legendary 2 cylinder volkswagon 4 stroke engine. I also have all the blue prints and plans to build the airplane!

Bolt the wings back on change the oil and plugs pump up that tire who needs brakes, and you can take to the sky it flies good or at least it did before it went into storage. So there is no reason I do not think it would fly good now.

Interested parties please email [email protected] or call text 269-420-9842 my name is Dan

The airplane is located in Kalamazoo Michigan buyer will be responsible for pick up bring a trailer I brought it home in the back of a big U haul box truck. I do not live on a airport so you cannot fly it out of here it must be hauled the wings are already unbolted and taken off for transport.

PICS if you want to see detailed pics please email me and I will get you close ups. These are the only pics I currently have of it.

It breaks my heart to sell it but I want to see it go to someone who will fly it and tinker with it.

Thanks for looking!

45B7708D-6777-4530-BD51-7CA922A4B3CE_zpspfyn7d2f.jpgFBBB1AB3-CB5A-4AF8-9D09-158FEE5ECB05_zpsxfclumpc.jpgD452BE97-0AFA-44A7-BC47-7D458B676931_zpsp0tvpgxa.jpg667FA4E8-410F-44F5-90E5-A0C4CB1C6D85_zpsgzhis2oa.jpg57AC9694-D68A-4C37-A913-7094BAFCBFDC_zpseexn4ahn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back