• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Human-Powered ekranoplan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burner117

Hi all,
So ive seen aircraft that were human powered before, the only problem I see with them is that they're enormous. My brother and I have been working on plans for a human-powered WIG Effect vehicle built off of a recumbent bicycle. We've run into a snag while designing the wings of the vehicle since there is so little data on ground effect planes. We've decided on the lippisch reverse delta wing for the overall shape of the wing but we have no idea what its dimensions and geometry should be because we haven't found a way to accurately calculate the lift of the wing while in ground effect. So I decided to consult the interwebs to see if any of you knew a simple way to figure it out.

Thanks- Burner117

Back