• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

HP-24 Flight Review in Kitplanes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fly2kads

Supporting Member
Congratulations to Bob K! There is an extensive write-up on his HP-24 sailplane project in the new December, 2013 issue of Kitplanes, based on the first completed kit. This isn't just a little blurb...we're talking 10 whole pages! That's a bunch of real estate in Kitplanes' "buyer's guide" issue, typically one of their most popular issues of the year. For those of you who don't get the magazine, there is a condensed history of the project, a description of the kit and Bob's philosophy toward builder involvement, and a flight review. It's good press!

I have followed Bob's progress for a long time, and I have been impressed by his skills and his tenacity. His blog has shown, over and over, how to tackle a long-term project while balancing work, family, and other hobbies. This article is well-deserved recognition of a LOT of hard work!

And Bob, I have always loved the tag line at the close of your blog entries: "Homebuilt aviation is not for folks who don't try things at home."

Back