HP-24 Flight Review in Kitplanes

Discussion in 'Soaring' started by fly2kads, Oct 29, 2013.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Oct 29, 2013 #1

fly2kads

fly2kads

fly2kads

Well-Known Member HBA Supporter

Congratulations to Bob K! There is an extensive write-up on his HP-24 sailplane project in the new December, 2013 issue of Kitplanes, based on the first completed kit. This isn't just a little blurb...we're talking 10 whole pages! That's a bunch of real estate in Kitplanes' "buyer's guide" issue, typically one of their most popular issues of the year. For those of you who don't get the magazine, there is a condensed history of the project, a description of the kit and Bob's philosophy toward builder involvement, and a flight review. It's good press!

I have followed Bob's progress for a long time, and I have been impressed by his skills and his tenacity. His blog has shown, over and over, how to tackle a long-term project while balancing work, family, and other hobbies. This article is well-deserved recognition of a LOT of hard work!

And Bob, I have always loved the tag line at the close of your blog entries: "Homebuilt aviation is not for folks who don't try things at home."

2. Oct 29, 2013 #2

Aircar

Aircar

Aircar

Banned

I'll second the kudos for Bob --a sort of one man Akaflieg and continuer of a proud tradition in US high performance sailplanes . Maybe the December issue will get here (Australia) BY December -they don't waste any time in jumping the gun by publishing it in October ! I'll certainly buy a copy ASAP.

3. Oct 29, 2013 #3

cluttonfred

cluttonfred

cluttonfred

Wow, that is amazing, it's rare to see any coverage at all of homebuilt sailplanes in the "mainstream" homebuilt aircraft magazines. Bravo!

4. Oct 29, 2013 #4

BoKu

BoKu

BoKu

Well-Known Member HBA Supporter

Thanks, guys! I really enjoyed working with Eric Stewart on the article, and I think he did a great job of capturing what we're getting done and how we're doing it.

Bob K.

Jon Ferguson likes this.