• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Howdy, G'Day and Moinmoin!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malte

Hi there.

I'd like this opportunity to introduce myself. I am Malte (what a supprise!) and studying airspace engineering at RWTH Aachen University. I started flying at age 13 in an ASK-13 glider, witch i soloed just before end of season. Made my SPL at age 19 and then my license for powered gliders.

As of now, I am not building at all, furthermore I am in an early iteration stage of a new aircraft, to be read about on my blog (Link should be in the signature. Please be patient, I just started the blog today and have some exams within the next two months or so... I just claim the iterations count as studying for Flight Dynamics or Aircraft Design and construction.)

Well, the main reasons to register with HBA is to improve my english, especially on technical terms and aviation, and, of course, to gain some ideas or discuss ideas on aircraft design with experienced builders and designers.

Okay, I guess that's it for now. Have a nice... day? Morning? lunch? .... well, have a nice <whatever time it is with you right now>

Many happy landings,
Malte

Back