• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

how'da ya hang wings??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xj35s

I have two wings hanging from the roof of the trailer. They hang trailing edge down. I think maybe it's better to hang them leading edge down. Does it matter?

They are suspended by ratchet straps. one is now going around the wing and is in the aileron hinge gap. The other one is looped through the wing mounting bracket.

I want to build a foam insulation "shelf" to set them down into for transport. I want to have the weight of the wings resting on the leading edge and the under side of the wing pressed up against some foam cushons on the wall. The way it's set up now they swing a great deal and it looks like the wing struts are going to wear through the fabric during transport.

Any other ideas? They need to be on edge to fit the fuse inside.

Back