How to make the instrument panel vibration free ?

Discussion in 'Instruments / Avionics / Electrical System' started by Speedboat100, Oct 9, 2019.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Oct 9, 2019 #1

Speedboat100

Speedboat100

Speedboat100

In any kinda prop or engine hazard the plane starts to vibrate heavily. You cannot see the meters any more. How can this be arranged so that the instruments are still somewhat readable and they won't brake down ?:eek:

2. Oct 9, 2019 #2

Speedboat100

Speedboat100

Speedboat100

3. Oct 9, 2019 #3

Dan Thomas

Dan Thomas

Dan Thomas

Usually done with some of these:

[​IMG]

They are rather stiff and designed to hold up a panel full of three heavy gyros and the ASI, VSI and altimeter.

I had these on my Jodel's simpler and lighter panel. Very, very soft and effective:

[​IMG]

4. Oct 10, 2019 #4

proppastie

proppastie

proppastie

I think these shown are for normal vibration, as in post #1 should you loose part of a prob, or say blow a jug off the engine all bets are off....I think you will not be able to read the panel no matter what you installed, and your best answer for safety is to be able to shut the engine off and be able to glide and land the resulting configuration. If the engine stops rotating perhaps your instruments will be readable if the former problem did not destroy them. If you have to carry power to land every time you might want to practice power off landings along with side and forward slips for glide path control.