How to make a full dual control two seater Affordaplane and how to power it?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

stanislavz

HBA Supporter
Ikarus C22 is kind of flat fuselage with both pilots on its sides and with dual control.

mullacharjak

Already been done.Saw a clip on the web.A two seat affordaplane with a vw engine built in Argentina.He stretched it about 9 inches.Not dual stick. That would be easy to add.Plus a Rotax 582 instead of the vw and a wingspan stretch to 30 feet.

blane.c

HBA Supporter
Maybe one person sits under wing, other person sits on top of wing, kinda' like bunk-beds. Then just add a second engine to double the power.

blane.c

HBA Supporter
540lbs useful load. Are the people clothed at 240lbs each or naked, that is are they 240lbs each sitting in plane? My Aeronca Champ 65hp weighed about 650lbs empty and about 1250 gross, 65hp Cubs are very similar and both have similar speed which is around the speed you want. You want an old Tailercraft or Cub or Champ. All three had some model deignation of side by side seating. You just want it "modern" that is lighter, easier to maintain and easier to own.

Maybe you can compromise up a little? Have you given any thought to motor glider? I do not know the regulations in Switzerland but it may behoove you to find out more about motor glider rules. You wouldn't hardly tell the difference between a cub like plane or a high wing primary glider except the registration. And the rules to become a licensed glider pilot may suit you as well. "I think" max weight to get glider instruction is around 240lbs at least it isn't unheard of.

erkki67

540lbs useful load. Are the people clothed at 240lbs each or naked, that is are they 240lbs each sitting in plane? My Aeronca Champ 65hp weighed about 650lbs empty and about 1250 gross, 65hp Cubs are very similar and both have similar speed which is around the speed you want. You want an old Tailercraft or Cub or Champ. All three had some model deignation of side by side seating. You just want it "modern" that is lighter, easier to maintain and easier to own.

Maybe you can compromise up a little? Have you given any thought to motor glider? I do not know the regulations in Switzerland but it may behoove you to find out more about motor glider rules. You wouldn't hardly tell the difference between a cub like plane or a high wing primary glider except the registration. And the rules to become a licensed glider pilot may suit you as well. "I think" max weight to get glider instruction is around 240lbs at least it isn't unheard of.

I’m a holder of the PPL and Ultralight Licence.

Group Builder