• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

How to crash a Plane and survive!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MicRuler

Howdy Guys, since whole concept of Ultralight Aviation sparked my interest about half a year ago I've heard a whole bunch of stories of forced landings. Most of them luckily landed safely but about 1/4 crashed, some of the pilots got survivable injuries like broken ankles, broken ribs, punctured lungs, etc while the unfortunate died in action. :depressed
For the record Im not a pilot so forgive any naivety but what I'd like to know is if a motorcyclist or ATV rider(suited up in a helmet, chest protector, knee braces, boots etc) can fly 70feet in the air off a jump and smash into a mountain side at 100mph and still get up and wobble away with the bike totalled :emb:.
Why arent there similar apparel for pilots?:confused: I know some pilots do wear helmets to protect that all important Brain but you'd think with all the cost that comes with aviation an extra $90 a piece give or take for a chest protector to guard your guts, and a pair of knee braces and ATV boots to protect your legs could save you months of healing, your wallet from hospital bills, time taken away from flying and most importantly that extra 7% survival rate in the event of misfortune.:whistle:

Back