• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

How To Clean Out Pitot Tube...Looking For Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomeBuilt101

My pitot tube got blocked with some kind of bug residue. It is not the typical mud type blockage but looks more like bee pollen.

After I remove it I wanted to get some advice on how to clean it out.

I tried to blow it backward from the ADAHRS downward to pop the blockage out of the front of the pitot tube however my compressed air would not blow through so I need to remove the unit and clean it somehow without damaging it. The AOA probe is also plugged.

It's amazing I'm in the hangar practically everyday you think I would have noticed some bugs digging in there. Shoulda Woulda Coulda kept the cover on it

Back