• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

How much damage id too much

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyrider

Hi,
Just reading through the fbreglass repair to a boat thread and have a question about the safe repair of major damage.
My Pulsar project suffered subsantial damage to the mid section of the fuselage underside during some wild weather . The storage shed roof collapsed onto the fuse and resulted in the underside beingpushed into the support it was resting on. The damaged area extends across the fuse from one side to the other and up the sides about 6-10 inches. Width of damage would be around 18 inches.
Having lifted the structure and supported it futher toward the tail, the damage area has almost returned to the original shape. My thoughts are...........if a repair is possible........to put a layer of glass and resin on the inside and weight the area to retain original shape then carry out a repair asper the information available to the outside and then repair the inside after removing the temporary support layer and maybe add a glass/foam longeron or two along the length of the repaired area for integrity.
Am I on the right track or should I scrap it for safety sake.

Cheers

Rob

Back