• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

How many airplanes do we need?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pilot-34

Most of me is in IL but my hearts in Alaska
So how many airplanes do you need? How many airplanes do I need? They saying you should buy the airplane it fits your mission so is there one airplane that will fit my mission or do I need more than one is there one airplane it will fit your mission or do you need more than one?
So how many airplanes do you need? How many airplanes do I need? They saying you should buy the airplane that fits your mission so is there a one airplane that will fit my mission or do I need more than one is there one airplane it will fit your mission or do you need more than one?

Mission number one flight from Illinois to Alaska fast economical transportation.
Can someone build a kit that is slightly faster than a SR 71 and a little bit more economical than a quickie?

Mission number two cheap holes in the sky? Seems like a lot of flying I do its so that I can fly, trying to stay proficient on short off airport landings ,Instrument practice flights because I just have to get out of the house
Mission number three the Alaska flyer the ability to get four of us fat friends up in the air and out to the campground extra points if I have the ability to take my camping gear with me on the same flight and once again the ability to land and takeoff remote off airport places.
Mission number four ,the Alaska explorer just me and a few hundred pound camping gear in the ability to land the most possible places.

Can you get this list down to less than four airplanes or do I really need six or seven?

What are your missions and needs ,how many airplanes do you really need?

This is also an excellent place to tell your personal story of how l you’re need to haul a moose out of the wilderness lead you to buy a Lear 23

Just a good place to put the decision Chain And random opportunitiesthat lead you to current or past experiences

Back