• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

How do you connect the edges of fabric cover to windows?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Built2Fly

I am working on rebuilding a Hyperlite SNS8. I am fairly new to this and am wondering how to connect the edges of fabric cover to windows?

For example, this first one seem to have those transitions right around a tube of the fuselage. But how is that transition done? Any detailed pictures or examples? If it is simple enough, that might be my preferred way. I like things simple.
Sorrell_SNS-2_Guppy_N91542.jpg

This next one is even more interesting. There seem to be curved edges not along the tube line. How could this be done? Cover with fabric first and then cut out the transparent section? But then how is the transparent section installed one? Glue, stitches, or other tricks?
2.jpg

Your help is very appreciated.

Back