• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

How close can I get to this design in real world application?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NIGHTHAWK

bobcat-orange-1.jpgHi, Another NEWBIE-WANNA-BE-A-JET-PILOT.

Have read hours worth of the posts in this area and eliminated most of the exotic stuff.

I'm hoping that this type will be possible without too many major design changes:ponder:.

The wing sweep will most likely be the biggest challenge, which is OK, but I don't want a Hershey bar.

4130 and glass OK, Stressed skin Aluminum OK, some Fabric OK...or combination's but No wood.

Here are some specs I would like to get close to:

Single seat...24' wingspan range...80HP (Jabiru)...100kt cruise...50kt stall...3 hour range...fixed spring gear...incorporated BRS.

Not much to ask for in an ugly airplane, but as soon as you try to add a "cool" factor its like asking for the Government to work.:gig:

Thanks.

Back