Hovey Delta Bird

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Tiger Tim

I would give it away to someone who was willing to sign an agreement that it is never to be flown
Dress it up nice then put it on permanent loan to the children's section of your local library (or whatever). Somewhere like that it where it would do the most good.

Elderair

HBA Supporter
I've acquired a Delta Bird with traditional UL202 power plant that's been setting covered in a yard for 20 years. If OP has detailed pictures of the cockpit cage I could examine it would be very helpful. I know this is an old post. Just hoping. Thanks for anything you have.

Doran Jaffas

I've acquired a Delta Bird with traditional UL202 power plant that's been setting covered in a yard for 20 years. If OP has detailed pictures of the cockpit cage I could examine it would be very helpful. I know this is an old post. Just hoping. Thanks for anything you have.
I remember when that Delta bird came out. I used to have a Hovey Wing Ding II.
I'D BE VERY INTERESTED IN SOME PICTURES IF YOU HAVE THEM.

aerolite

I have a Delta Hawk that I got in 2005. Has a Rotax 377. Flew it a few times before a friend flew it and nosed over bending the motor mount slightly, but with no other damage to the plane at all. I took it apart after to do some other work to it but never got back to it. I also have a purposed built trailer for it. I build experimental aircraft full time here in Ontario for others so just never had the time to get back on it. Interesting to see it brought up here, I stumbled across the thread. Mine was built in '85. I have full drawings, all the build invoices and other info, a build manual and a bunch of articles. Likely not more info out there than what I have here. I'd like to get rid of it, tired of storing it and having to move it around.
100_3417.JPG100_3422.JPG100_3423.JPG100_3427.JPG100_3471.JPG

Bill-Higdon

I have a Delta Hawk that I got in 2005. Has a Rotax 377. Flew it a few times before a friend flew it and nosed over bending the motor mount slightly, but with no other damage to the plane at all. I took it apart after to do some other work to it but never got back to it. I also have a purposed built trailer for it. I build experimental aircraft full time here in Ontario for others so just never had the time to get back on it. Interesting to see it brought up here, I stumbled across the thread. Mine was built in '85. I have full drawings, all the build invoices and other info, a build manual and a bunch of articles. Likely not more info out there than what I have here. I'd like to get rid of it, tired of storing it and having to move it around.
View attachment 107391View attachment 107392View attachment 107393View attachment 107394View attachment 107395
Bit to far away for me

Elderair

HBA Supporter
Yes it's a bit far but a good project. I like the enclosed Hawk better than the Delta Bird for sure! Will post some pics of my project. The yello/white Delta Bird on Google search is my exact airplane. That is shortly after it was built.

Elderair

HBA Supporter
1613515962675.png
This is my airplane. Picture was taken by the original builder shortly after he finished it. It looks much worse since setting under a rotted tarp in a back yard with the wind and weather flapping the tarp around. I have it in my pole shed rafters and my garden shed along with a MX 2 seater. I will get some pics of the plane as it sits now. I believe I will be getting the construction article and templates for reconstruction of all gussets and parts along with a BOM with all hardware listed.