• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Homebuilt recovery chute

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerry

Okay, I finally got back on. The last time I posted was about my V6 ford and that led me to Franks old newsletters, which I purchased and pour over every night to find out what I did wrong. The Engine is now running great and landing gear tracks straight. Final inspection, more paper work and then its off to flight school to see how to get a pilots license.
My question for today is: Has anyone looked into building their own Parachute recovery system? What led me to the question was thinking about the drag chute the 52's used. My next thought was the cargo drop chutes in use. Surely one of them would handle the 2100 lbs that I hope to register my Maranda at. I promise to check in more often now that I am catching up of the construction phase of this adventure. Jerry

Back