• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

homebuilt parking at Sun n Fun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikoman

Supporting Member
Just saw the new website for Sun n Fun and Gene Conrad proposal for homebuilt camping, parking called "the Island" IMHO you have got to be kidding. it is 3,600 feet from the four vendor hangers. And you thought the ultralight area was a far walk. I like that new homebuilt camping gives you a good view of the airshow but what I call homebuilt showplanes.. mixed with the camping tents? If I remember you have to take the shuttle tram tractor to the rental tram station then switch to get to Laird blvd to get back to the center of the event.They used to have rows and rows of showplanes just north of the four hangers on display but homebuilt camping area like vintage area was farther away from the center of action. The non-aviation crowd was less likely to visit unless they were seeking you out. A lot of guys/girls camping under their planes were camping not neccessarily showing/displaying their aircraft. Any other thoughts on the new arrangement?

Back