• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Homebuilt aircraft video channel wish list?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cluttonfred

Supporting Member
Hi, all.

I support a few content creators on Patreon, folks that post videos and other media on topics that interest me. Two good examples are Forgotten Weapons (strange and rare guns, 5-15 minute clips several times per week) and C&Rsenal (firearms history, mostly WWI so far, very detailed research, 30-60 minute features about twice per month).

Does anyone here know of any homebuilt aircraft content creators like that? I don't know of any at a level of quality and frequency that would prompt me to become a patron. I have only seen a few sporadic video logs and some advertising-driven interviews at Oshkosh and the like.

What would folks want to see in such a channel? Detailed build logs? Building tips? Live streaming building or flying sessions? Interviews with designers or builders? Flight tests? Historical vignettes? How often, how long? Other features, like a private discussion forum or real-world gatherings to talk about homebuilt planes?

I ask because I am thinking of tackling such a project and would love to get some feedback on what would really be worth the price of a cup of coffee per month.

Cheers,

Matthew

Back