• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Home build in EASA regulations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rasco

Hi everyone. Could anyone explain to me what regulations I need to follow so I can build an aircraft in EU (EASA)? This is my understanding so far.

It seems that EASA doesn't regulate aircrafts listed in Annex I of 2018/1139. On the list there are "aircraft, including those supplied in kit form, where at least 51 % of the fabrication and assembly tasks are performed by an amateur" = homebuilds. So instead of EASA, EU member states themselves provide regulation for such home builds, right? In this group, homebuilds further divide into 2 groups:
1. Ultra light aircrafts = MTOW < 600 kg
2. Experimental aircrafts = MTOW > 600 kg
What regulations are to be followed in Czech or Slovakia when one wants to build a homebuild with MTOW > 600 kg?
Thank you.

Back