Hirth f33 pricing

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Mark Roberts

I am looking into buying a hirth f33 with an electric start, exhaust system, and a reduction drive. A place called PPG Paramotor from Indonesia quoted me $3110 with shipping. That seems like it is very cheap from what I have seen. Are they trying to scam me or is that the good price for the engine. Another company from the US quoted me $6,635.05 that seems very expensive but I could be wrong. The bolts they sell are also $134.36 each which seems way too much. I got very different prices from two different companies and was wondering what a birth f33 should cost. Are there any other places that sell hirth engines that people know of?

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
Indonesia is probably selling a clone. Aerocorsair has had a lot of problems with people who buy clones of their engines and then want support. Hirth's US distributor is quoting $4497 with redrive and pull start, dunno if that includes the exhaust, electric start is $TBD.

Mark Roberts

Thank you. Something seemed off about the 3000$ one. The site you linked is the one that quoted me $6,635 so I assume that is a good price for them. The other issue I have is that it will take around 13 weeks to get the engine and I was hoping to get it quicker. I am now looking at different engines that are move available if anyone has any suggestions.

Bille Floyd

No e-start ; Polini thore 202 around $-3100

Polini Engine2 stroke mono-cylinder
CoolingLiquid cooled
Bore for stroke66 x 60
Displacement205 cm3
Power33 HP
*Max trust90 Kg with Ø 130 cm propeller
R.P.M. max8.500
CylinderAluminum with Gilnisil coating
Compression ratio11,5
PistonTwo chromium plated rings mm 1
IntakeReed valve in the crankcase
CarburetorDell’Orto VHST carburetor
Air filterAir box r
IgnitionElectronic T.C.I. fixed inductive timing
Spark plug hood5 K Ω resistance
**Fuel typeE5 petrol or LL AV GAS-al with 2,5% synthetic oil 100%
*Consumption2,4 Lh at 30 Kg of static trust
Gear reduction unitHelical teeth in oil bath with 2,8 reduction ratio
StarterFlash Starter
ClutchCentrifugal in oil bath
MufflerExpansion with oval silencer
Engine weightFrom 16,8 Kg (37 Lb)
Propeller rotationClockwise

Andy Hughes

I have a complete engine, drive, carb, exhaust 0 time on top end for $1000 plus shipping.

REVAN

No e-start ; Polini thore 202 around $-3100

Polini Engine2 stroke mono-cylinder
CoolingLiquid cooled
Bore for stroke66 x 60
Displacement205 cm3
Power33 HP
*Max trust90 Kg with Ø 130 cm propeller
R.P.M. max8.500
CylinderAluminum with Gilnisil coating
Compression ratio11,5
PistonTwo chromium plated rings mm 1
IntakeReed valve in the crankcase
CarburetorDell’Orto VHST carburetor
Air filterAir box r
IgnitionElectronic T.C.I. fixed inductive timing
Spark plug hood5 K Ω resistance
**Fuel typeE5 petrol or LL AV GAS-al with 2,5% synthetic oil 100%
*Consumption2,4 Lh at 30 Kg of static trust
Gear reduction unitHelical teeth in oil bath with 2,8 reduction ratio
StarterFlash Starter
ClutchCentrifugal in oil bath
MufflerExpansion with oval silencer
Engine weightFrom 16,8 Kg (37 Lb)
Propeller rotationClockwise
If your application isn't a pusher configuration, it would be good to confirm with the manufacturer if the output shaft can handle tractor loads. Not all paramotor engines are equipped for this. I don't know, but this engine may be okay in that regard.

Mark Roberts

I am not sure if the 202 can work as a pusher but I know the polini thor 250 can. The only downside is that it is a little heavier but it makes more power so I think it will work great. Thank you all for your help with this.

Bille Floyd

I have a complete engine, drive, carb, exhaust 0 time on top end for $1000 plus shipping.
Could ya pm me with what you have please ? The engine i was
donated, will work at 2700' ASL in Vegas ; but won't cut it at
king Mt, at 5500' AGL. I'm gonna need more power ; 25-Hp
would do it.

Bille

proppastie

Log Member
zdz......3w....dle...desert.....all giant scale model engines with direct drive ....smaller prop, less weight, 2stroke, higher rpm......zdz has the biggest dia. crank. 15-20 hp range Props off the shelf........
para-motor props and engines stock also off the shelf.

Armilite

I am looking into buying a hirth f33 with an electric start, exhaust system, and a reduction drive. A place called PPG Paramotor from Indonesia quoted me $3110 with shipping. That seems like it is very cheap from what I have seen. Are they trying to scam me or is that the good price for the engine. Another company from the US quoted me $6,635.05 that seems very expensive but I could be wrong. The bolts they sell are also $134.36 each which seems way too much. I got very different prices from two different companies and was wondering what a birth f33 should cost. Are there any other places that sell hirth engines that people know of?
=================================

You will find we get Screwed by many of these Vendors who not only Mark UP Parts but also Engines. Simonini Itlay sells a Rotax C Drive $500 cheaper than we pay for one here in the USA. To Build one Single vs another Single is Pennys on the Dollar.
Recreational Power Engineering Prices.
Example:
F-33 with Recoil Start
$3,602.00
F-33 with Recoil Start & 4V Belt Drive

$4,497.00
F-33 with recoil & Electric start & 4V Belt Drive

$TBA.00

Uflyit Aerolite 103 Hirth Engine Prices.
Example F33 $5,704
===================================
RMZ-250 Sold in Russia. 72,100 rub = $962.89 usd

RMZ-640 is a 377/380 $86,800 rub = $1,159.58

RMZ-503 Sold in Russia. 102,200 rub = $1,365.75 USD!

ACE BELT DRIVE $669 Shipped to the USA.

Armilite

=========================

Badland Aircraft has the Best Price I have seen for the F33 ([email protected]). A New Rotax B Gear Drive is $835. A good used Rotax 277UL ([email protected]) with a Gear Drive can be found for $250 to $500. A Complete Rebuild kit is less than $160.

Attachments