Hipec with a roller

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

KWK

HBA Supporter
I don't find many comments on the web about Hipec. Most seem favorable. If they have the test kit I'll have to try it this fall.

What became of the O-100? The website suggests nothing significant has happened in two years.

Daleandee

I don't find many comments on the web about Hipec. Most seem favorable. If they have the test kit I'll have to try it this fall.

What became of the O-100? The website suggests nothing significant has happened in two years.
Do give us some updates on what you find with Hipec if you do decide to do a test of it. As for the O-100 engine; VB put a good update on the thread a few days ago: O-100-- interesting new engine

KWK

HBA Supporter
To follow up on this thread: I did contact Hipec recently. This will be my first covering job. The glue for Hipec is permanent. Botch the fabric work, and it sounds as if you end up taking the tubing back down to bare metal. It's not like PolyTak which redissolves in MEK.

I have to wonder what happens to wood wing ribs when trying to remove fabric glued down so? It would have been interesting to experiment on a test piece, but Hipec didn't reply when I asked about a practice kit. I'd like to test it on wood and with a roller--maybe another year.

Last edited: