Quantcast

HIPEC Finishing

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

rbrochey

I've doing a bunch of research (well, a bunch for me!) on it and I'm for sure going to use it. I found it on the falconaravia.com site. Lot's of information there. From what I'm seeing it looks really good...:ponder:

FritzW

Log Member
I've never used the stuff but I'd cover a few test samples with it before you committed to it (or any other covering system). See how easy it is to use compared to the other systems and see if you and your family can tolerate the fumes.

Judging by pictures on the HIPEC website it looks like they had to go through a major hassle just to handle a little undercamber.

I was a die hard Poly Fiber guy until I tried the Stewart system. I really like the "post it note stage" of covering with it and the fact that there are no fumes/smell.

rbrochey

I've never used the stuff but I'd cover a few test samples with it before you committed to it (or any other covering system). See how easy it is to use compared to the other systems and see if you and your family can tolerate the fumes.

Judging by pictures on the HIPEC website it looks like they had to go through a major hassle just to handle a little undercamber.

I was a die hard Poly Fiber guy until I tried the Stewart system. I really like the "post it note stage" of covering with it and the fact that there are no fumes/smell.
Ten four

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member

Its been on the market a long time, just not advertized very much.

Time will tell if the Steward system is any better than the old Blue River system that at one time people thought was the best.

Dan

Peterson

I ordered the info pack on Hipec from Chris and it has been awarded an STC, so it has that going for it. Haven't used it myself, but leaning that way.

Peterson

I just received my first can of HIPEC 1 Clear from Chris... may get to it this weekend on the rudder
Post pics when you get around to it, give your impression, etc.

You are a pioneer on this forum for Hipec, as far as i can tell, no one else here has used/is using it yet.