• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

High Temp Epoxy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tantrum1

Good day all,
I'm looking to build my cooling intake ducts purely out of carbon. I've been building the molds and am getting close to being ready to lay it up. A lot of people are using aluminum baffles and attaching the carbon to the aluminum, looks good. But I'd prefer to get rid of the aluminum all together. That being said I need a high temp resin. The manual says normal operating cylinder head temps are in the 300-420 range, with max cylinder head temp of 520F. I'm thinking worst case scenario, what would be your recommendations for a resin available in North America I should consider using?
Thanks
Mark

Back