Quantcast

High School Corben Baby Ace Project

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

don january

HBA Supporter
Log Member
It shows that it was delivered on 1/3/19. Maj., any chance it's floating around the mail room?
Any luck finding the box?? Priority mail box probably like what Dan sent? I hope it made it

FritzW

Log Member
Yes it did, thanks! It was floating around the front office.

I went to the school yesterday and did the initial tech counselor visit (it was weird doing a TC visit on what used to be my airplane). Needless to say I thought the workmanship was outstanding :gig:

don january

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Yes it did, thanks! It was floating around the front office.

I went to the school yesterday and did the initial tech counselor visit (it was weird doing a TC visit on what used to be my airplane). Needless to say I thought the workmanship was outstanding :gig:
Good to hear the stuff made it. As a Tech adviser FritzW I can only imagine the challenge when I can hardly get the sequence of events correct for my build in my own head.:gig: I suppose at times the class will look at you as if you where singing a bad Karaoke song.:)

TheMaj

Log Member
BJC,
Thank you very much for your offer and I'm sorry for the delay in responding to your offer. It took a while to learn enough to respond. I conferred with our technical advisor and the Baby Ace is set up with toe brakes. The rudder pedals are already welded together with the brake pedals in place.. If I'm not mistaken, the Scotts are for a different application (heal brakes?). If I am mistaken, please let me know. Thank anyway, and keep us in mind if you find other treasures. -TheMaj

TheMaj

Log Member
I was unable to find the tailwheel today, but I know I have it. I have three barns to search through so it takes time. I'll keep digging this week, she'll show up.
Thanks ahead Little Scrapper. I appreciate the effort. That will be a real big deal for the kids to open.
Make sure to include an estimated value so we can send back a receipt. -MajB

TheMaj

Log Member
Thanks to everyone helping with our project! It has officially started :ban: with the first entry of the HBA build log called "Mayfield high School Flying Trojan Baby Ace".
There I will keep track of everyone's donations, project help, and our current needs. Students are learning how to read blue prints and names of various parts and pieces (like fuselage, elevator and cowling). We'll hit wing parts next week. Thank again everyone! -TheMaj

BJC

HBA Supporter
BJC,
Thank you very much for your offer and I'm sorry for the delay in responding to your offer. It took a while to learn enough to respond. I conferred with our technical advisor and the Baby Ace is set up with toe brakes. The rudder pedals are already welded together with the brake pedals in place.. If I'm not mistaken, the Scotts are for a different application (heal brakes?). If I am mistaken, please let me know. Thank anyway, and keep us in mind if you find other treasures. -TheMaj
Correct, the Scotts are heel brakes. If you find an opportunity to sell or trade them to a Cub owner, let me know, and I will send them.

As you discover additional needs, please let us know.

BJC

Little Scrapper

HBA Supporter
Log Member
How is that working out Scrapper??
It hasn't yet. I own a plumbing business and we are getting slammed with cold weather, busted pipes etc. I just need to find time, go down to the post office and deal with it. I've been putting on 70 hour weeks so by the time I'm done everything is closed. You'll get it, I always deliver.

By the way, message me your address.

don january

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Your inbox says it full. Don January Po box 302 Michigan N.D. 58259. I also have a few things I'd like to send your way. Glad to see your busy. Hit minus 45 F chill factor here last night

TheMaj

Log Member
Mayfield Flying Trojan Project Wish List

Attached is our (nearly) complete wish list. It includes 2" pulley, cable of various lengths, bolts, turnbuckles and other hardware, as well as our spruce needs.
Not listed is the tail wheel, steam instruments (which are already on their way), Dacron, other dash controls and details for later on.
If you happen to have something laying around that you would like to donate, we would be very grateful. Thanks ahead!:)
Send it to:
Mayfield HS Flying Trojan Project
1955 N Valley Rd
Las Cruces NM, 88007
Wish List 1.jpgWish List 2.jpgWish List 3.jpg

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
I just put together several handfuls of hardware, used throttle and mixture controls, altimeter, primer, compass, and a bunch of little brackets and spacers for you. Even several turnbuckle parts and a few small pulleys. Should either be directly usable or you can trade with other airport people for what works.

FritzW

Log Member
I've got the 4130 sheet and tube covered (we'll cut what you need from my stash). I also have all the Nicopress sleeves and cable thimbles.

I'm like VB, I've got some pulleys but they're not the right size. Maybe I should start a "anyone want to trade X for Y thread".

don january

HBA Supporter
Log Member
How many of the students showed up in their leather flying helmet and goggles?:gig: Just checking in and seeing how things are going.

TheMaj

Log Member
How many of the students showed up in their leather flying helmet and goggles?:gig: Just checking in and seeing how things are going.
Thanks for asking! We are starting SLOWLY!
We do not have hands working on it yet.
I'm finally getting our account set-up with Aircraft spruce so we can buy wood and hardware soon. They are sponsoring us by giving us a discount. Hopefully I'll be able to order parts this week. -VB

Little Scrapper

HBA Supporter
Log Member
I took the entire day off this coming Thursday to catch up on a whole host of items I'm behind on. I plan on shipping out both boxes that day as well. Appreciate your patience.

Toobuilder

HBA Supporter
Log Member
I also have a box of "stuff", but keep finding "more stuff" to add. It will get in the mail eventually.

I would donate a bunch more but I suspect the shipping costs would outstrip the value of the contents. If someone is driving that way let me know... I'll load you up!