• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

High Intensity LED Strobes (ACL) - Whats Available?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toobuilder

Supporting Member
Background: Im already running LED position and landing lights, but my ACL system is still based on the familliar HID power supply and flash tube "strobes". The flash tubes are discrete units mounted outside the OML of the tip and I'd like to keep it that way. I have a bad power supply and one channel is dead. Its probably a $0.25 component burned, but the writing is clearly on the wall - flash tubes and power supplies are on the way out. I thought about switching over to the "automotive" power supplies which were so prevalent just a couple years ago, but they too are now all LED.

So what Im looking for is a LED strobe that will put out "near" the 400 candela that the aviation guys offer, but I just want the strobe head itself - not the built in position lights. Frankly, I'm looking for the analog to the automotive show car/emergency response products that have been around for decades - only in LED.

Anyone know of such an animal?

Back