• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hi Youall

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Mathes

North Miss. Just across the border from Memphis,Tn
Morning Ladies and Germs,
My name is Tom Mathes and I have a strange disease known as the aviation bug.
It all started when I was a little tyke watching a Chicago and Southern DC3 fly over every Morning , the bug bit and will not let go.
Started flying in 1968 at the Navy Memphis Flying Club. Begin a professional career in 74 and cannot quit the habit.
Started a Flybaby in 69 but had to sell it to move to a new job.
I finished a GN-1 in 95, just finishing a RevolutionII, and have all the steel fittings finished for a Hatz CB1.
The first job was as a cropduster flying a Cessna Agtruck,Great fun!
Flight Instructor, Freight in BE-18's, etc.
Currently flying LR31 and LR45 from KMEM.
I fly all over and try to meet builders and look at projects when on the road.
It is good to have a site like this.
Tom

Back